- 10 oz. Portabella Mushrooms chopped
- 1 Shallot chopped
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1/3 cup grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Popover pan
- Cooking spray
- Saute the mushrooms, shallots, salt, and pepper in olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat for about 10 minutes- until mushrooms are browned and shallots are opaque. Stir occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenhiet.
- Turn off heat. Stir in spinach and mix until wilted.
- In a large mixing bowl with a pout spout whisk 4 eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add cheese to the mixture. Blend well.
- Coat popover pan with cooking spray. Fill each tin halfway with egg mixture. Top with mushroom, spinach, and shallot mixture.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to rest in pan for 5 min.
- Remove from pan by tracing the edge with a butter knife. They should pop out easily.
- Rest on wire rack until cool.
- Store in the fridge.
- Enjoy a ready made breakfast. I suggest pairing with a small piece or bowl of fruit. This should keep you charged until lunch.
*** If you don’t have a popover pan, you can use a muffin tin and make 12 smaller size quiches.